Monday, June 13, 2016

A Love Affair with Chocolate Brownies


A Love Affair with Chocolate Brownies


Whenever I get a craving for something sweet, it’s usually for something chocolate. And ultimately, there’s nothing you can make with chocolate that’s better than a brownie. Not even chocolate cake. There, I said it.

While visiting my massi in Ottawa, I - a proclaimed “I hate dark chocolate” 10 year old - found a bag of bittersweet dark chocolate brownies stashed away in the kitchen cabinet. I still recall the joy of biting into it, a simple moist crumb with a slightly crisp crust, cracked top and a fudgy center. Slightly bitter, and not too sweet.

Back on Indian soil, my mom and I discovered brownies - almost as fudgy - at a bakery 5 minutes away from the house. A few years later, the bakery shut down and I began experimenting in the kitchen. “Everything happens for the best”, no doubt.

Read more, click here

No comments: